Friday, July 20, 2012

Monkey birthday card using George & Basic Shapes

Today is my husband's 35th birthday!!  This year I decided to make him a monkey card since he was called a monkey when he was a baby.


It was SUPER easy to make.  I cute the shapes out directly with my Expression which I haven't done is forever!  It was kind of fun to use the Expression and not cut shapes out through Cricut Craftroom.  I followed the instructions exactly at the above post and this my version of the card.



Sorry for the shadows on my pics.  I need to get my "real" camera out and stop using my phone camera.  

I am just entering into the world of stamping and so far LOVE it!!!  The "it's your birthday!" and the "let's party!" stamps are from the Birthday Cheer pack from Fiskars.  The six pack is from a company called Stamps Happen and the set is called Summer Fun.

The envelope for this card was made with the Martha Stewart Scoreboard.  I cut out a piece of card stock at 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches and then scored each side at 3 1/8 inches.  Glued the sides together and viola!