Thursday, August 16, 2012

Owl Card from Wild Card 2

I recently purchased the Wild Card 2 cartridge and have been itching to play around with it.  One of my friends is moving into a new apartment, so I thought this was a good excuse to make a cute card for her.  I decided on the Owl card.  He is soooo cute! :)



I cut the card and envelope out at 4.75.  The best thing about this card was, except for the envelope, was the rest of the paper were left over scraps. :)  I save most of my scraps and it felt good to actually use them.  On the inside of the card, I cut out the words "Whooooo's Moving?? :)

I also tried to cut out a flower from the Artiste cartridge and glue it to the front of the envelope, but it kept unraveling.  I didn't really have anything small enough to wrap it around.  After looking on Youtube (another wonderful resources for crafting) I saw a few people use a paper piercer which is on my list for the next trip to the craft store.  

Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to make some projects with the Artiste cartridge.  There are sooo many things I want to make from it, that I don't know where to start! :)